(Before beginning, ensure you know your home’s WiFi password, and have a tablet/smartphone.)
1. Open a web browser, and go to www.solarweb.com.
2. Scroll down, and download the Fronius Solar.web Live App from your relevant App Store.
3. Once you’ve downloaded the app, open it, and press the red icon on the bottom right of your screen.
4. Click Set Up My Fronius Inverter.
5. Select the top option called Grid-Connected Inverter.
6. Go to your home’s inverter.
7. Open the inverter’s menu by pressing the third button from the left.
8. Scroll across to Set-Up, and press enter.
9. Scroll down to WiFi Access Point, and press enter.
10. Select Activate WiFi AP.
11. You’ll see the default WiFi password is 12345678.
12. Return to your tablet/smartphone, and go to WiFi Settings
13. Connect with your Fronius Inverters’ WiFi HotSpot by typing in the 12345678 password
14. Once your tablet/smartphone is connected to your inverter’s access point, return to the Solar.web Live App.
15. Click Solar.web Wizard, and enter in the required details.
16. If you’re in WA, your feed-in tariff is $0.07135 (7 cents).
17. Set the grid supply tarrif, which can be found on a recent electricity bill. If you’re in WA and on the Synergy A1 Tariff, your supply tariff is 0.264 (26 cents).
18. Enter the time, day, and time zone, and then hit Forward.
19. Name your system.
20. Enter the PV power in Watts. If you have a 5kW system, you will type in 5,000.
21. Press Forward, then press Accept on the pop up notification.
22. Select your home’s WiFi from the list, press Set, then enter your home’s WiFi password.
23. Click Connect.
24. You’ll now need to exit the app, go to your WiFi settings, and connect to your home WiFi network.
25. Return to the Fronius Solar.web Live App, and wait for the network connection. Please note this step may take a few minutes, so please don’t be alarmed if it does not load immediately.
26. Once you reach the next screen, click Forward.
27. Set a password for your system.
28. Once you’ve entered the password in both boxes, press Finish.
29. When you’re finished, the app will take you to www.solarweb.com to create a Solar.web account.
30. Click Register, populate all the required fields, then click Next.
31. Make sure you make a note of your Solar.web password, as this will be required soon.
32. The next screen will show details of your solar PV system. You should not have to do anything except click Submit on the bottom right.
33. Solar.web will then send you an email with a confirmation link.
34. Once you’ve received the email, click on the confirmation link.
35. Return to the Fronius Solar.web Live App, click on the icon on the bottom right, and click Log In To Solar.web.
36. Enter your Solar.web email and password, and click Log In.
37. You’re done! Your online monitoring is now set up.
If you’re also activating a Smart Meter, follow the additional steps:
38. Follow Steps 6-10 to once again activate your inverter’s WiFi Access Point.
39. Return to your Smartphone/Tablet, and connect to your inverter’s WiFi.
40. Open up any internet browser, and go type in the following web (IP) address: 192.168.250.181
41. Click on Firmware Update on the right-hand side.
42. Once the update is complete, you’ll need to reconnect your device to your inverter’s WiFi.
43. Click on settings on the right-hand hand side, then select passwords.
44. Change the Service password to solar123.
45. Click the tick to confirm.
46. On the same left-side tab, go to the meter option and enter in the username and password you’ve just created.
47. Set the meter to Fronius Smart Meter and the location to Feed-In Point.
48. Click the tick to confirm. The meter should be found and your Smart Meter is active.
49. To access the smart meter information, log on to your solarweb.com account, and after about 10 minutes the format of your account should change. Or, download the Solar.web PRO App from your App Store.