How an Embedded Network Could Benefit Your Business
Embedded networks are private-owned electricity networks that are contained within a building or self-contained site. They allow the site owner to purchase electricity for the building at wholesale rates and then on-sell to the tenants. Embedded networks are often seen in multi-tenanted sites, such as apartment blocks, shopping centres and office buildings.
As the site owner purchases the electricity in large volumes and then provides it to multiple tenants, they can attract a cheaper rate than what is available to individuals. As a result, the difference in rate price can create a potential revenue stream for the site owner or can provide cheaper electricity rates to the tenants.
Infinite Energy can design, install and maintain an embedded network, which is facilitated via a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA). As an electricity retailer, we will become responsible for all billing functions and will take on the role of managing it for you.
Electricity consumption can be monitored online and in real-time, allowing multiple tenants to better understand their energy usage.
There are several financial benefits to embedded networks for both the developer and the strata or site owner:
Financial Benefits of an Embedded Network for Developers
- Reduction of network operator’s headwork costs for developments by removing the need for metering
- Developers can earn recurring returns of more than 20 percent
- Developers can improve their own marketability, product differentiation, sustainability, and company reputation in a crowded property market
Benefits of an Embedded Network for Strata Companies/Owners:
- The site owner or strata company can choose to pass through electricity at cost and reduce the individual owner’s/tenant’s energy rate, making them more attractive to potential tenants
- Or, the site owner can elect to charge electricity at the applicable gazetted tariff to generate a revenue stream
- Extra revenue can be used to offset building maintenance costs, offset levies, further contribute to a sinking fund, or fund building renovations to enhance the attractiveness of the site
- Flexible billing system allowing tariff customisation for individual users
Choosing Infinite Energy as your embedded network provider
Infinite Energy can provide a more sophisticated and customer-aligned network structure than what a network operator could provide. On top of this, by installing a commercial solar PV system on the site, the developer and site-owner can further reduce their electricity costs and create substantial savings.
Whether you are a strata owner or construction developer, embedded networks can provide a multitude of benefits for your business. As an electricity retailer, Infinite Energy has experience in providing well-established, intelligent embedded networks for multiple sites.
If you would like to discuss securing an embedded network for your site, please contact us today to speak with one of our commercial energy consultants.