ISO 9001 vs CEC Approved Solar Retailer
With so many solar providers in Australia, choosing a reputable organisation to install your solar PV system can seem like a difficult task.
You may have heard from one provider that it’s better to choose a company that’s ISO 9001 compliant, while another may tell you it’s always best to go with a company who’s a CEC Approved Solar Retailer. So, which one is better?
To begin, we’ll first cover what each accreditation means.
ISO 9001 Compliant
ISO 9001 is an accreditation set by the International Organisation of Standardisation. The standard is based on a number of quality management principles including:
- A strong customer focus.
- The motivation and implication of top management.
- The process approach and continual improvement.
Infinite Energy has been certified as running a Quality Management System which complies with ISO 9001 requirements. To keep our accreditation, we’re required to be audited annually.
Being certified as ISO 9001 compliant demonstrates:
- Infinite Energy’s commitment to high quality and service.
- That we are a consistent supplier in the commercial market.
- That we will deliver a quality outcome, every time.
Having a documented quality management process helps Infinite Energy meet the needs of our clients at the highest of standards. Our commitment to quality means we continually monitor and manage a high level of service across all our operations.
CEC Approved Solar Retailer
The CEC Approved Solar Retailer code is a voluntary scheme for businesses selling solar power systems, and aims to lift the bar higher than the minimum requirements set by government and industry regulations.
To become an approved solar retailer, solar providers must comply with all aspects of the code, have no history of Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)/Office of Fair Trading rulings, and submit to an integrity/financial check carried out by an external agency. This is in addition to a number of additional conditions, which can be viewed here.
Choosing a CEC Approved Solar Retailer guarantees that:
- Your whole system is covered by a standard minimum warranty period of five years. This warranty is in addition to the manufacturer’s warranty.
- You will be provided with detailed information on the process between contract signing and system installation.
- Your provider will adhere to all existing legislation and regulations, and sales representatives will never engage in dishonest or misleading tactics.
- Numerous quality and performance guarantees.
Infinite Energy is proud to be an Approved Solar Retailer. By adhering to this code of ethics, we hope to bring about a better standard of service within the solar industry.
ISO 9001 vs CEC Approved Solar Retailer – Which is Best?
Just like you shouldn’t have to choose between seatbelts and airbags in your brand-new car, you shouldn’t have to choose between ISO 9001 and CEC Approved Solar Retailer status when purchasing your new solar PV system.
We recommend going with a provider who has both accreditations, to give you complete peace of mind.